There is no way I would have ever received the following message from my daughter if I had not become relentless on working on myself. “The better you become, the better you are for others” That is my quote and that is congruent with the principle of being selfish in the interest of being able to serve others the best.
Consider—if you are sick, how can you possibly help another? If you are stressed, how can you possibly relate well to your spouse, children, friends, clients? Do you see the only way you can truly help another or make a difference in the world is by being on purpose and continuing to become better yourself? We come at helping others from a position of strength, vibrancy and confidence.
This is the message from my daughter today ”
“Today is my dads (*insert mid-30’s number here*) birthday. He likely thought I forgot since I couldn’t text/call as I was at school from 8:30am-11:45pm. However, two nights ago we had a conversation that was over an hour long, and a wonderful one at that. It seems as him and I have both grown older, intelligent, and sensible, so has our tender relationship.
With that, he knows I was thinking about him all day today, particularly when my surgery partners and I performed a celiotomy and neuter. If it wasn’t for his unyielding support, encouragement, and delight he takes in my accomplishments as I pursue my professional veterinary career, I wouldn’t be where I am at today. His determination and vigor for work and life have molded me into a successful, respectable young woman. For that I am very thankful. Steve Pohlit, you may be 2,106 miles away but the distance between us means so little when you mean so much to me. Happy Birthday, Dad. I love you!
I am so grateful for:
1. All the teachers and guides that I have studied who have helped me progress as a person. Without you, I would have never become a person who could influence anyone in a positive way. Because of you and the action I took from what you taught me I became a better person and then I was able to help others. Make no mistake this is a journey and I make no representation that I am anywhere near my potential. I have made a lot of progress. Thank you: Catherine Ponder, Randy Gage, Joe Vitale, Temple Hayes, Wayne Dyer, Neale Donald Walsch, Napoleon Hill, The I Am Discourses, Deepak Chopra, Science of Mind, Daily Word and so many others.
2. The openness of my daughter to receive ideas and guidance that I and others offered. When I least expected it , she would say something, write something or do something that in her own way told me she was paying attention and some things were making a difference.
Speaking of Getting Stuck, I have been publishing my summary action plan with my latest blog posts on getting unstuck….that comes up next (below.) Manifest Mastermind Members are going to get a complete Guidance Process on this topic. Click here to start your trial subscription for $1.00
For Your Convenience The Following Is A Getting Unstuck Summary Action Plan
Action Steps for Getting Your Internal Guidance System Unblocked or How To Remove Fear and Other Negative Emotions That Are Blocking Your Progress ( The biggest benefits to having a coach is guidance on action steps that make a huge difference and accountability for getting them done. I have 5 openings. If you are interested in more information email me or call me at 727-587-7871.)
1. Register for the Free Course at Manifest Mastermind and become a member if it is in your budget.
2. Buy a high quality journal that is leather bound and has high quality paper.
3. Buy the Daily Word and Science of Mind (Google them)
4. Buy the Yes Attitude by Jeffrey Gittomer (Amazon)
5. Have your own resources that will help you. The classic Think and Grow Rich is fantastic as well as all the books by Catherine Ponder, Jerry and Esther Hicks, Neil Donald Walsch, Wayne Dyer, Randy Gage and more like them.
6. Commit to a minimum of 15 minutes each day and ideally 30 -60 minutes reading the Daily Word, Science of Mind and Yes Attitude ( at some point you will finish the Yes Attitude and then replace it . Spend additional time with a book like Think and Grow Rich
7. Write in your journal the most compelling guidance from any of these resources that you want to focus on and have make a difference in your life. Now you can see why I advise invest in a journal. This is where very valuable thoughts and ideas go. There are many ways you can use a journal. At a minimum do what I am suggesting.
8. Carry the journal with you when possible or note cards from your journal and then when you catch yourself doing or saying something that represents a behavior you are intending to change refer to your journal for guidance. If you are journaling that you are going to take some forward moving action steps each day, write it visualize it as done and take action.
9. This all takes a commitment, persistence and practice. However you do want to become unstuck don’t you?
International Business Development Consulting
Real Estate Investment Consulting
Connect With Steve On:
|Steve Pohlit is a CPA,MBA and has been the CFO of several major domestic and international companies. Today Steve is an expert business consultant focused on helping companies improve their business performance including growing profits, revenues and customers. For a FREE 6 week mini course where you will receive 10 easy to implement action steps guaranteed to increase business revenue and profits by at least 30% in the next 90 days, please visit www.StevePohlit.com All articles published by Steve unless specifically restricted may be freely published with this resource information.|